Jul 21st, 2018, 5:43pm

Pages: 1
TINTING in Victoria (Read 1203 times)
Civic_Si

Racing is in my
blood

TINTING in Victoria
Mar 17th, 2006, 11:33pm

As far as I know, there are only two shops here that do tint; West Coast Tinting (still in business?) and SHC.  I had tint done at West Coast Tinting a couple years ago for a reasonable price, and it had a 5 year warranty.  I noticed they did most of the Hyundai dealership's tint.  I'm not sure if they are still in business.  The quality was good considering the price, although I would have appreciated better care piecing back together my panels as the clips rattled afterwards.

Before going to West Coast Tinting, I had asked SHC for a quote, and they instantly came up with some astronomical figure.  I've heard that when they take care with your car, their tint work is good - but at that price!

Anyway what are my options this time around?  Please share your experiences.

View Profile   IP Logged
ahawthorne
Newbies

rain-x, the faster u
drive, the safer it
is

Re: TINTING in Victoria
Reply #1 - Mar 18th, 2006, 2:21pm

my brother had his truck done at Unlimited detaling in saanichton, price was good, and the quality was good, then again the fronts gone now after the cops notcied but...

View Profile   IP Logged
Carol W
PRO Racer

Reply #2 - Mar 19th, 2006, 2:02pm

I had my A4 done by New Tint Technology (NTT, in the phonebook). It's a mobile service. They'll come over to your place and tint your car in your driveway or at your office.

I had it done 6 years ago and the tint still looks new. 5 windows for $160 back then.

Carol
Former Club Lackey
#85 BMW ChumpCar
View Profile Carol W   IP Logged
hobolurkin
Newbies

Official
Spellhcecker

Reply #3 - Apr 5th, 2006, 2:48pm

Paid $150 inc taxes at SHC for all 7 windows. Quality was reasonable, a small bubble in the back window that I haven't gotten around to getting them to fix yet.

Don't pay their 1st price - make a counter-offer. They always go down (in price).

'04 Indigo Blue Mazda3 Sedan GT
View Profile   IP Logged
Jono

Racing is in my
blood

Reply #4 - Mar 24th, 2016, 6:12pm

Diversity tinting  is the best in town, it down on Bridge street, and the guy warrantees his work for life! I had some issues with some tinting his younger trainee did 2 years previous while he was between shops. He repaired it no questions asked! AMAZING! A real stand by his principles kinda of guy, I sent my mom to get her car done also. I recommend Diversity tinting Smiley

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1